Always Perfect Salad Dressing

Anyone who knows me can attest that I have a fear of old food. I toss anything suspect and was never one defrost a roast on a counter or eat a cheese cube that's lingered at a party too long. I'm just fickle so imagine my shock when my mother pulled out homemade salad dressing from the pantry in an old mason jar. I panicked. Only after she showed me the actual recipe did I trust that it was shelf stable and safe. Boy, it's safe and good. I'll be making this in place of cloying bottled dressings from now on!

My New Favorite Salad Dressing

3/4 c. olive oil
1/4 good quality red wine vinegar
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
4 garlic cloves - just smashed with a knife

Put all ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid and shake. Don't refrigerate because the flavor is much better at room temp. Will keep for weeks in the cupboard - if it lasts that long!

Comments