Breakfast of Champions

My work/home life balance seems to be teetering on extinction for the past week and I've realized that I've been dashing out the door in the morning without breakfast. I know, I know....studies show this a big no-no. Maybe if I whip up this crockpot favorite, I'd be enticed to sit a minute and eat! It’s easy peasy in the crock pot but you may want to get the plastic liners they now sell for crock pots because it does have a tendency to stick. I’ve always doubled and even tripled the recipe since it’s only one cup of oats and it goes fast! If I'd eat breakfast then maybe I'd get my creative juices flowing and add different fruits.

Overnight Oatmeal

¼ c. brown sugar – I use less
1 Tbls. melted butter
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1 c. quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
1 c. apple, peeled and diced
½ raisins or craisins
½ c. chopped nuts
2 c. milk

Place ingredients in a greased (or lined) slow cooker, mix well and cover. Cook on low setting for 8 -9 hours. You can play around with the amount of sugar and fruit. Pears would also work well. Enjoy!

Comments