Banana Butterscotch Muffins

Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right? It's hereditary and my problem is growing. It's my expanding cookbook collection. My mother has well...hundreds of them and they are scattered all over her house but many have made their way to a "cookbook" section of their basement. So many that I've often wondered if she needs to hire a part-time librarian. Someone who could just direct her to that lost recipe when needed. I could use that person today as I spent much of the morning searching for a favorite bran muffin recipe. However, sometimes getting lost is a good thing as I stumbled across another favorite. These muffins are made for my little muffins who love the surprise of butterscotch.

Banana Butterscotch Muffins

1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 - 3 ripe bananas - roughly mashed
1 cup butterscotch chips (could use chocolate or white chocolate if butterscotch is not your thing)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Beat together oil and eggs in small bowl. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients then slowly mixing in oil/egg mixture followed by the mashed bananas. Fold in chips and divide into equal portions into muffin pan. I use an ice cream scoop for this task. Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool on cooling rack.

Comments