Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mmmmm....Bran Muffins

In an earlier post I mentioned that I was searching for old standby bran muffin recipe. Well, happy day because my dear husband finally dug out the Bauman Family Cookbook and made them for me. On a workday no less! That's how fast these beauties come together. We like them plain but raisins are certainly an obvious addition.

Jan's Bran Muffins

1 1/2 cups All Bran cereal
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Cover bran cereal with boiling water and let sit a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Batter will keep in fridge for up to six weeks so double the recipe and enjoy these fresh anytime!

3 comments:

Always a Bridesmaid said...

a. when did the spelling change happen?
b. the batter keeps for SIX WEEKS? Geez.

jbeeman said...

Bridesmaid - the recipe is my mother-in-law's (Jan) and yes, 6 weeks but it never lasts that long.

jbeeman said...

Oh and Bauman is actually a family name on hubby's side! Weird I know.