Monkey Munch

I'm guessing this recipe is on any Chex box but I never bothered to look since I've had this little gem tucked away in my recipe notebook. I'm posting this as a subtle hint that maybe my husband will whip up a batch for the chicklets this week!

Monkey Munch

9 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups powdered sugar

Put chex in a large bowl and put aside. Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a quart-sized microwavable bowl. Stir the ingredients together. Microwave the mixture uncovered for a minute on “high.” Stir the mix again and continue to zap in thirty second intervals until it mixes smoothly. Add the vanilla and stir. Pour over the cereal while stirring. Put combination into a 2-gallon, Ziploc freezer bag. Add powdered sugar, seal the bag and shake until distributed. Spread Monkey Munch out on wax paper to cool and dry.

Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for storage.

Comments