Fudge Pie

So I'm not a "pie" person but as you know, I'm a chocoholic. This recipe was a quick fix to a very long week and it was met with grins from two sweet little girls. In fact, the next night I was asked to make another one but declined out of sheer exhaustion. Anyway, with some weekend rest the pie is back on our minds and probably on my hips!

Fudge Pie

2 squares (2-ounces) semisweet chocolate (I just used chips)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and add the sugar, then temper the eggs by adding a little hot liquid to the beaten eggs then add eggs back into sugar mixture; beat well. Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Makes a thin pie so it's really more like a tart. I crimped the pie crust down a bit to prevent burning.

Serve warm or cold, with ice cream or whipped cream. Then take a long walk!

Comments