Holiday Hot Rye Spread

I'm not done. I'm not done shopping or wrapping or baking or cooking and don't even get me started on laundry and cleaning. It's a few days before Christmas and the crushing reality is starting to hit me. But I will take a deep breath and try to focus on what makes this holiday special. Friends, family and making memories. So my upcoming dinner with friends won't be gala affair but it will be casual and fun. To really put me in the spirit, I'll be making these little treats as a starter. They are cheesy addiction on bread. They appear at almost every holiday and most importantly, they remind me of my brother who could eat a whole tray of these.

Holiday Hot Rye Spread

1 cup grated Swiss cheese
½ cup bacon bits (can use crumbled real bacon but for speed I use Hormel "real" bacon bits)
1 small onion - finely chopped
2 Tbs. chopped flat-leaf parsley
⅔ cup mayonnaise
½ tsp. salt
1 clove garlic - minced
1 loaf party rye bread (Pepperidge Farm)


Mix all ingredients and spread layer of cheese mixture on rye bread. Arrange on cookie sheet and broil on high until hot and bubbly then watch them go...

Comments