Not Your Average Chocolate Cake

I'm now rethinking the title of my blog and maybe it should be titled "Another Chocolate Cake Recipe" but when I find one that's a keeper, I cannot resist. Really this is another box cake with lots of bad-for-you stuff added but it's delicious and I'll get many requests from the kids to make this. I first had this in Florida and it was a "cake for grandkids" but the adults are eating it up. Many thanks to my mom's friend Betty who was kind enough to share this gem.

Betty's Cake

1 box Devil's Food Cake
1 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix everything together and pour into a bundt pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool hour on cooling rack then turn out. Dust with powered sugar.

Comments