The Salmon Recipe

Years ago I hosted a Murder Mystery party for about 20 of my friends and I was so excited to serve some spectacular dishes until I realized it was a Friday during Lent and had to eliminate all meat from my game plan. I had plenty of Catholics coming over who would not have appreciated beef stew! So after some quick thinking, I decided to brave it and serve salmon. Even the non-fish eaters were raving and this recipe has now become legendary with my friends and still is one of our favorites. The herbaceous mixture is lovely and light and a perfect way to serve fish. Note that this recipe will not serve a 20-person party but can be easily doubled or triple for a crowd.


THE Salmon Recipe


1 3-lb. salmon fillet (I never buy salmon steaks but I guess you could)
1 1/2 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbl. butter
1 Tbls. Dijon mustard
4 garlic cloves - finely minced
2 dashes of hot sauce
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried dill
2 tsp. capers - drained from liquid

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place salmon is shallow baking dish. Combine the rest of the ingredients in small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes on stove top over medium heat or until combined. Remove from heat and let cool a bit. Pour entire mixture over salmon, cover and bake for about 15 minutes then 5 minutes uncovered or until fish is no longer translucent. We like to serve this with couscous to soak up any flavorful juices!

Comments