As the weather starts to break here in the Northeast, my mind turns to outdoor entertaining. I still have some work to do to get our patio into tip top shape for the season but the thought of easy summer fun with friends is on my mind. This simple recipe comes together in a snap and is creamy, light yet mild for kids to enjoy. I serve it with pita chips or baby carrots. Double this for a crowd.

Simple White Bean Dip

1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
I've sometimes added some rosemary to it if the mood strikes me....

Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.

Recipe (and pic from Ada + Darcy) courtesy Giada De Laurentiis - the goddess of simple California/Italian goodness.

Comments