Heaven in Bar Form

Nothing says comfort better than any combination of peanut butter and chocolate. In my childhood memory, these were the best thing my mom ever made - and she cooked and baked a ton. Forget fancy rack of lamb - I just begged for these bars. Now I make them for my kids but truth be told - the grown ups devour these babies too!


Reeses Peanut Butter Bars

1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 package semisweet chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, mix together the butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Melt chocolate in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

Comments