Monday, April 4, 2011

Heaven in Bar Form

Nothing says comfort better than any combination of peanut butter and chocolate. In my childhood memory, these were the best thing my mom ever made - and she cooked and baked a ton. Forget fancy rack of lamb - I just begged for these bars. Now I make them for my kids but truth be told - the grown ups devour these babies too!


Reeses Peanut Butter Bars

1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 package semisweet chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, mix together the butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Melt chocolate in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

No comments: