Pineapple Chicken Salad

I have come to realize that my inner self must be a party planner. Although my life is far too busy to actually have many parties, I love to daydream about imaginary baby showers, kid birthdays and the like. I do love the planning process - what to cook, how to decorate, music, etc. This recipe is perfect for a summertime light lunch or brunch with friends or for that next baby shower that somehow ended up at your house!




Pineapple Chicken Salad

2 ½ cups cooked chicken breast
½ cup matchstick cut carrots
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
¼ cup finely chopped celery
¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 8-oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained
1/2 cup sliced almonds

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Mix in nuts at the end or sprinkle on top. Serve on rolls, pita bread or on romaine lettuce cups.

Recipe adapted from Annie's Eats

Comments