Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake


I was skeptical.  I adore the original chocolate Texas sheet cake and it's a cinch to make it for big parties.  But sometimes a gal needs a break from chocolate.  I realize I NEVER say this but upon finding this cake on the social media site Pinterest, I was intrigued.  This cake was moist, rich and I will definitely be making this at large gatherings.  In fact, making a chocolate one and this one together would be a fun way to please the masses! 


2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup butter
1 cup water

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
6 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla
I also topped with a few M&M's for fun!  Mini- chocolate chips would be delish too!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cake: In a bowl combine the sugar and flour. In a separate bowl (I used my mixer bowl) mix eggs, baking soda, and sour cream well. Set aside. In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, butter, and water. Bring to a boil. Stir the boiled peanut butter mixture into the flour mixture, then add to the sour cream mixture. Pour into a 15×10 inch sheet/jellyroll type pan. Bake 20 minutes or until done. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.

Frosting: Combine the butter, peanut butter, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. let the frosting cool for a few minutes, then add vanilla. The frosting will be thick, mix well. Pour over cake while both are still warm. Let cool, then get some milk ready and enjoy!
I "Pinned" this recipe from Pinterest (my new obsession) but originally from Sprinkled with Flour.

Comments