Tea Punch

Happy New Year all and I hope to make it a healthy, happy and delicious one! This punch recipe hails from my sister-in-law and is requested by my eldest for special occasions such as her birthday, sleepover with friends or a random Tuesday night. The last occasion doesn't count so she'll have to make due with milk at dinner and not punch accompanied with a floating ice ring. Although I'm a sucker for a nicely made ice ring - makes me feel very 1950s housewife. A favorite at baby/bridal showers.

Tea Punch

2 cups boiling water
6 tea bags - your favorite variety is fine just don't get too crazy or it will fight with the other friends in the pool

Let tea steep in hot water for 5 minutes then remove bags. Then add:

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups cold water
6 Tbls. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 tsps. almond extract
46 oz. pineapple juice
2 liter 7-up (I may try with diet since the drink it sweet)

Mix together and chill. Serve with ice ring made from 7up and Maraschino cherries or other fruit.

Comments